Group therapy led by speech pathologists specialized in childhood apraxia of speech
Kaufman-Apraxia Boot Camp is a speech-language based group therapy program designed to increase speech formulation, automaticity, language content and structure for children (up to age 6) who have apraxia of speech or phonological processing disorder. These children benefit greatly from frequent and intensive speech-language therapy.
K-ABC’s treatment approach and goals were developed and adapted from the Kaufman Speech to Language Protocol.
Kaufman-Apraxia Boot Camp Features
- Kaufman-trained and mentored speech-language pathologists
- 30 hours of individualized speech therapy, motor lab and music therapy
- Pre-testing for identification of individual speech and language targets
- Songs and stories with individualized targets provided by a certified music therapist
- Sensorimotor lab guided by licensed occupational therapists
- Detailed final report with summary of goals and progress
- Home program for carryover of K-ABC goals and concepts
- Opportunities for participation and observation of therapy sessions by parents
Each Kit Contains
- Hands-on materials/manipulatives with directions
- Three illustrated, hardcover books
- Music CD of camp songs
- Binder and bag to organize materials
- Videos of the Kaufman-trained SLP working with your child
$3,600 (includes kit)
SUMMER 2021 SESSION
July 12-29, 2021
>> 2021 K-ABC Application <<
How to Apply:
- Download and complete the 2021 K-ABC Application (PDF)
- Submit your application along with your child’s most recent speech-language evaluation (if you are a current Carruth client, we will already have the evaluation on file) via one of the following methods:
- Mail or drop-off: The Carruth Center, 11001 Hammerly Blvd, Houston, TX 77043
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 713-935-0654
- There is a $40 application fee for the camp due at the time of your child’s screening
- Applications are accepted until Friday, March 5, 2021
After your application is submitted, we will review your file. If all information is complete, you will be contacted to schedule a speech-language screening with our clinic director or one of the K-ABC clinicians. If you are not a current Carruth client, there may be additional paperwork to complete related to your child’s speech-language and general development.
After ALL applicants have been screened, the group will be formed. Please understand that this is not a first-come-first-served application process. We sincerely wish that we could accept all the children who would benefit from the camp, but space and staff limitations prevent this. There are many factors we will consider when forming the K-ABC group: children’s age, level of speech production, ability to attend to a longer camp day, etc…
All applicants will be considered using equal criteria. If there are more children who would benefit from the camp than spaces available, we will resort to a lottery system for offering contracts. We are currently brainstorming ideas for any child who may benefit from intensive interventions, but who may not secure a space in the camp, to offer those families an alternate program.
We hope to contact all families about their placement in camp no later than Monday, April 1.
Please reach out to Mimi Branham, MA, CCC-SLP, Clinic Director at email@example.com for questions about the application process or K-ABC program.