Therapeutic program for preschool-aged children who have speech and language delays
The Carruth Center’s Language Development Class is designed for children from 24–42 months of age and is led by a licensed, certified speech-language pathologist with support from 1–2 paraeducators. Therapy is provided in a small group setting. Class size is limited to 6 students.
The class experience is designed to improve children’s skills and abilities through the use of developmentally appropriate, multi-sensory, play-based activities.
- Receptive and expressive language
- Social and play skills
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Sensory processing
- 30 minutes (per class) in sensorimotor lab, guided by licensed occupational therapists
- 30-minute music lesson (twice a week) led by a music therapist
- Parent classroom observation time
- Daily feedback provided by the speech-language pathologist
- Personal feedback to parents at the end of each session
- Final written report documenting the child’s current level of skills and progress
Three sessions held per year:
Fall Session (August–December)
Spring Session (January–May)
Summer Session (June–July)
Enroll for 2 or 4 days a week:
Monday – Thursday
9:30 a.m. – noon
For more info, contact The Carruth Center at email@example.com or 713.935.9088.