Speech therapy services for children
Speech-language pathologists evaluate, diagnose and treat individuals of all ages with speech and language disorders. One of our areas of expertise is the diagnosis and treatment of Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS). All of the speech-language pathologists at The Carruth Center are trained in the Kaufman-Speech to Language Methods (K-SLP) used to treat CAS. We use the K-SLP and other research driven methodologies to remediate the disorder with great success.
Services include evaluation and treatment of:
- Phonological and/or articulation disorders
- Processing disorders
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Weakness of the oral motor structures
- Language disorders
Therapy is offered to improve receptive, expressive and/or pragmatic language skills. Targets may include understanding and giving directions, asking and answering questions, using appropriate sentence structure, and understanding and using vocabulary and concepts. Speech-language therapists help children improve language skills, often leading to better academic performance in the classroom, confidence in themselves and/or improve peer interactions.
- Karen Dickerson, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
- Sheri Bryan, M.A., CCC-SLP
- Nicole Devens, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Kathy Hamada, M.A., CCC-SLP
- Robynn Warren, M.S.,CCC-SLP
- Brittney Davis, M.A.,CCC-SLP
- Taylor Kopycinski, M.A.,CCC-SLP
New intake packets are coming soon! Please contact Virginia Dietz for info.